Creativity and New Media


New media and creativity go hand in hand. There are so many forms of new media that I could have chosen to express what I am passionate about. Growing up I never really used social media and I still don’t really use it. Instead, I created a Medium blog for one of my previous courses, but I still post updated content once in a while. I was told to write about something that I truly care about and am passionate about. This is why I chose to have a fashion blog with a more political and socially aware twist. The beauty and fashion industries are constantly changing and evolving to become more diverse and inclusive, which is amazing. 

To get started, I had to create a profile and write a little bit about me. This is when I decided to make it a fashion blog. Using Medium is pretty similar to posting here on Blogger. For each entry, I listed a title with a brief description of what I would be writing about. Within the body of the text is where I got into my main points of what I covered. I included images, videos and quotes from various other resources that I utilized. I really love how I am able to customize, add captions and basically make it how I want it to look. So far, I have about 26 stories published, but I have drafted up a few more that I am hoping to post up soon. 

Some of the stories that I already have published cover history breaking New York Fashion Week debuts to crazy fashion trends to even what the color of Cinderella’s dress actually represents. 

I briefly want to mention the first story that I published, “History Made at New York Fashion Week”. Being my first post, I really wanted to write about something ground breaking and close to my heart. Anniesa Hasibuan was the first Muslim designer to showcase her collection at any of the major fashion weeks. All of her models walked the runway in hijabs. When I saw this, I was so excited that not only was she getting recognized for her amazing work but Muslims as a community were being highlighted. Since I wrote this article, many more hijabis (women who wear hijabs) have proudly walked the runways with their scarves on. I really loved writing this piece!

Blogs and other new media sites are a great way to facilitate creativity and just express what you are passionate about! 

I have included some screenshots and the URL to my Medium blog. Enjoy! 


 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Next New

Advice