Wiki So Far



So far for our Baruch wiki I have been playing around with the website and just getting an idea of what information I want to add. I have been clicking on random pages are just reading through them. I have made spelling and grammatical edits on business page, sports page, and the fashion page. I also added an image on the YouTube page.

I am planning on adding a few more sections for certain topics. I want to make the Fashion section a Beauty and Fashion section. Social media has affected the beauty industry in so many ways. I will add content about apps that you can download and basically try on makeup to see how it will look on a picture of you. Many makeup companies are completely online now, which adds to the way that this industry operates. I might also include feuds within the beauty industry that have begun on YouTube and some other social sites. Also, when I was on the Health and Fitness page, at the few bottom had a small section on social media’s impact on mental health and wellness. I definitely think that this section needs to be much bigger because it has an enormous impact on society. Since this was the topic of my term paper, I am planning on adding sections on cyberbullying and mental health.

Comments

  1. Fashion and Beauty seems like a super creative topic that I would love to learn more about. Seeing how so many young individuals are constantly using social media to learn more about cosmetic products really makes me wonder how it all works. Do you need a successful celebrity or endorser? Or can influencers work as well on social media?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to say that beauty and fashion have been heavily influenced by social media in the past 3 years which is evident on Instagram and Youtube. Also, I completely agree with you that many people tend to ignore mental health. I am glad people like yourself and I are adding on to the conversation so it is not a social stigma.. It is about time that people start to address this important matter!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Privacy

Next New

Advice